1. Most readers and fellow fashion bloggers value authenticity in the blogs they read. How would you describe blog/blogger authenticity?
I like reading a blog and feeling like I’m getting to know the writer. Their voice, the topics they talk about and the general feeling on their blog (and facebook, twitter, etc) should be true to themselves and the same on all platforms. (see #3)
2. When it comes to your blog how to you infuse it with that true/authentic feeling?
I write about my real life, in my own voice. I write as if I were the only one reading it, because if I were, I’d still want to read it (at least that’s how I think about it!)
3. Have you stopped following a blog in the last three months? What made you lose interest?
Yes, but I refuse to name-names. It’s a blog of nice outfits, but the blogger’s voice on the blog doesn’t match their twitter account AT ALL. They’re so nice on their blog, but rude and mean on their twitter. DISLIKE!
4. We can’t communicate effectively on our blogs, something we don’t live in real life… what are some ways you try to live an authentic life?
I write the same way I talk. I also don’t hold back (see last Monday’s post). I put myself out there, hoping not to fail. I do that here and I do that in real life. I also try to ignore the haters (both here and in real life as well). There will always be people who are jealous of you, don’t like you and hope you fail. Ignore them. Because when you do, you succeed in ways you may not have before.
5. Give a shout-out… Which bloggers do you think are truly genuine and why?
Everyone on my sidebar. Everyone in FBFF. If I read your blog, you’re genuine. Although, I supposed you don’t know if I read your blog because I’ve already failed on my resolutions…
Alright, fine, some specifics. These immediately come to mind:
What Would a Nerd Wear, Work With What You Got, Pixie in Pumps, Statements in Fashion, ModlyChic, Grit & Glamour, Kendi Everyday, The New Professional, Ordinarily Urbane, Archives, Coffee and a Cardigan, Blonde Bedhead
(Just go look at my blogroll. I don’t want to have to type everyone out!!)
Head over to Katy’s blog to check out other answers this weeks questions.