1. What do you think are some of the top fashion don’ts?
I dislike: leggings as pants (they’re ok under a tunic or dress the goes BELOW your butt), shorts so short you can see the bottom of the pocket (cut OFF the pockets if you want teeny tiny shorts), ill-fitting strapless dress (shows you have no boobs) and Crocs anywhere other than the pool, gardening or the rare occasion that your feet are swollen. Even then, buy the cute ones, not the clog kind.
2. What previous fashion don’t do you now wear with pride?
Leggings, under a tunic or dress of course. I hate it when people wear leggings with cropped shirts- it just looks sloppy. But, I got over my dislike of leggings in general and now own a few pairs, and let me tell you- they are WARM in the winter!
3. Do you think there is a universal fashion do?
I think something that a lot of people shy away from is socks with whatever shoes you’re wearing or knee-high or thigh-high socks. Many fashion bloggers rock the look, but I rarely see anyone outside of our world wearing them, and I think given the right cut and color, they can be a flattering trend for anyone.
4. What items lately, either recently in style or coming in now, do you think should never make it off the retail shelves?
Winkers pants.For about $200 you can send them YOUR pants, they’ll paint on some “cheeky” design, and send them back. Then, when you walk, your ass winks at the people behind you (who aren’t already laughing).
5. In your opinion, is there any blogger, fashion icon, celebrity who some how manages to pull off some fashion don’ts and still look good?
I think there are many celebs who wear whatever they want and look good, Lady Gaga (ok, maybe not GOOD, but she’s always herself) and Sarah Jessica Parker to name a few.
Maybe I’m just spoiled by being a part of the blogging world, but I (usually) feel like you can wear whatever you want if you have the confidence to rock the look. Confidence can make or break your outfit.
Be sure to check out ModlyChic for everyone else’s answers!